I am currently booking photo shoots into May 2018. During most weeks I shoot between 3-5 projects, these most often get scheduled one to four weeks in advance.
Email me to discuss full or partial day shoots. Also, reach out to me to discuss your project and share snapshots of what you want to photograph. Please contact me: david (at) davidduncanlivingston.com
Many ask about my fees for photography; I charge a flat photo fee of $200 per photo. The minimum fee for a photo shoot is $800.
- Publish-ready high-resolution TIFF and JPEG files.
- A pre-shoot discussion, about art direction, styling and developing the shot list.
- The local travel time to the shoot.
- The photo shoot with the photography time, I work without an assistant.
- Consultation on art direction and some styling assistance.
- Photoshop work, the extensive multi-step process making the photos publish perfect.
My process is controlled and methodical; the compositions are seen on a laptop while the photo is being crafted by selecting the best angle and placing the objects within the composition. If a photo is not working compositionally, we move on to the next photo devoting time to the photos that are engaging and telling the story. I do not take 30 photos and then select ten that work. I carefully craft ten photos on the site and then send them to the Photoshop process in the studio. Clients are billed for any photos that go into the Photoshop phase.
The commissioning party of the photography will have unlimited use of the photography in any medium for the promotion of the firm’s work, second and third-party use of the photos may require a separate use fee. Copyright is held by David Duncan Livingston.
The $200 photo fee applies to design firms and architectural practices. Fees for corporate clients & agency work may be based upon an estimate and usage, not a photo fee.